Sunday, May 1, 2016

Exams (Almost) Over!!!(*Long post ahead~)

29/4/16 marks the end of my last core paper!(*Core refers to the main & compulsory modules I've to take in my course~)
I still gt one more paper to go- an elective one tho the mood to study is nt there(haha~), hence blogging a bit^^ 

Reflection on the papers...

As much as I wan to say it's alright... It isn't...Sigh... From my 2 years(so far), this semester is the hardest... No confidence in any of the papers unlike the other semesters; at least there was 1-2 paper(s) I was confident in~ I fear the outcome, much like last semester for the papers I thought I would fail... Well, no point dwelling much; it's already over, the papers are already submitted. Now to wait for the results~ Hopefully, it won't be too bad(well, nothing's too bad until your life ended... I suppose? Cos, that's 'Game Over'...)

Updates

Let's get away from the gloom~ While it was exam period, couldn't resist drawing esp for the chars' birthdays that fell on this period~

Characters; birthday(s)~

First, birthday of a certain center for newest single... Watanabe You chan!

Links: Deviantart | Instagram | Twitter

I will be honest and say it's not really a birthday fanart for her... It was just a desire to draw the dejected You & the part she singing, 'I Miss You'. And because of exams and stuff, couldn't attempt to work on another work for her so... But it wasn't easy to draw; esp the 2nd single outfit but I'm glad I sort of managed and even surprising is that the colouring turned out great. Learned a valuable tip of shading white clothings:)

Beside the desire to draw You, there's also the part of the 2nd yrs' little 'love triangle' present in the preview pv so added more till it became like this:

Link: Deviantart
I ruined it... Esp Riko in her 2nd single outfit...It was after colouring that I realised how the outfit 'works'... Sigh... Tbh, the whole process is a trial and error since I rarely colour and I learned a few things like shading white(the shirts & outfits) & dark(Riko's hair) stuff but still need more practices(^^;)  In a way, this work was like a practice piece~ 

Oh and it's supposed to be the 2nd single, Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium, fanart:
Links: Twitter | Instagram

*Doing the single preview ltr in the post~

Moving on~ And 2 days after captain You's bday, it was the tomato princess' bday!(Was a packed week with their bdays so close^^;)

Maki Shrine!^^(Surprised by the no. of Maki stuff tho 0.0)
 Links: Instagram | Twitter

Abt this shrine:
Tbh, Maki isn't in my top faves but I hav a certain luck in getting her~
Like for wafer card with Mizuki Maki, I only bought 2 of that set and I gt her as my only char card!(the other was a story card~) And then, for the wafer sticker, only bought 3 and still managed to get her somehow~(I was wishing for Soldier game trio since I gotten Eli and Maki on my 1st & 2nd packs but Kotori has to 'ruin' it... A little side track~)
I suppose that as a fellow Aries, there's a form of affinity?(haha~) Tho can't say the same for SIF; not a single SR/UR when I scouted on her bday(-.-)


Link: Deviantart
Took me the whole of 18/4's night to finish(RIP my night revision at that time...) but glad it was worth the time as the shading went slightly better than expected^^ It was a rushed work since I could only afford a little of my time b4 it was back to revision-.- 

Small art notes:
  • Used pen shading since it's faster and went better than expected despite the lack of colours^^(esp for the jacket~)
  • If you played EN SIF event at that time, you would see the similarities; I based the design on that card with some add-ons like the cap and the scarf~
  • Used tomatoes as design- this should be obvious y~(And again, surprised I could draw them:)
  • A chibi version at the bottom- both random and bored? Didn't colour for fear of ruining esp using the colour pens... 
  • Lastly, the logo on the cap- designed on the spot but wished I chose a better colour choice...
That's pretty much the recent birthday arts did so far! Once again, Happy Birthday to the 2 of you!^^

Yuuki Yuna wa yuusha de aru ru fanart proj progress

Mentioned a few posts ago abt it and it's progressing well that I ended up not following my rules and reveal the ones I did so far(haha...) However, that is only if you followed my twitter~ B'cos apparently, didn't post anything on insta yet so think I'm gonna post when the final draft is done~ The format's gonna be like what I did with Love Live forever project(*talk abt this ltr~)- Pieces of work done and placed together~  

And so, the progress 'so far':


^ Of course it's a lie if u r following me on twitter~ Well, at the very least, I'm not gonna reveal for now; maybe when I'm done with the final drafts(^^;) As it is, the last 2 members r giving a slight problem- still thinking how to resolve it~(There may be a bonus char at the end~)

I didn't say this b4; the theme is Winter Wear- initial one was a transition of season from Spring to Winter, following the Yuusha's birthdays but cos I wan to try drawing the different winter wears and thus the theme. As one who live in a country without 4 seasons, u don't get to see ppl wearing winter outfits on the streets. I like to explore that area~ 

Addition pt: Aside from this piece-drawing, I may be drawing them full body to show the winter outfits they are each wearing(a gd practice for myself) 

Love Live Forever Project...

There's nt much progress b'cos I'm focusing on the above project first. Plus I haven't gt the idea for the 2nd part but hopefully it can be done b4 the anime starts in summer... In the meantime, I may work on the outline before making copies and start the colouring for part 1...?

Requests @ deviantart

Once done with my last paper(on 2/5), I will work on them, following the order I had set. This will be my top priority, considering how much I had made my requesters wait-.-(really thankful of their patience and understanding!:)

[2nd single] Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium Preview

Did a recording and there r 2 versions. The one uploaded on insta is the 2nd one(but ended at 1min mark; the one here's the full ver~) which wasn't my first time opening; it was a re-do cos the first was bad due to the music and that the shock I gt from seeing the char card I gt- at that instant, I forgotten to show the back of the card-.-

But as a special, I will upload both here~ And pardon the mirror video plus the bad reflection...

1. First time opening:


2. Redo:


Insta ver: LINK(Trivial stuff: Am surprised by the no. of likes and views; 20 likes and 150++ views! Thank you very much! XDDD I will keep in mind of this heart-warming response!)

And now a better pic of the single:


I really wanted the standee but due to the points I hav on my neowing acc, bought it from there and the freebie was the poster which is translucent!^^ Best of all, they added a plastic sheet- saving me(or rather my mom) from wrapping it!

And showcase of the card: 



Of all the characters... I really didn't expected her... Hence, the little shock I gt(can't really see/hear from the video but I was holding real back from making any noise or laughers...) 
Truthfully, Mari gives me the Nozomi feel which... While I don't dislike it, I also don't like it; it's a neutral stand but lately had been watching the Nico Nama and her VA certainly caught my attention, esp at her antics~ She was super funny and cute but bullied(and loved) much by the other third yrs~ Heard she's the 2nd youngest with of course, Chika's VA as the youngest(she's actually younger than me!- by 1... Now I wonder what am I doing now...) 
Aqours' members r all quite young as compared to when U's members when first starting(esp for Eli's VA, Nanjo san)

Abt the PV:

Watched abt twice cos it came in between my papers- had to go back to studying^^;(But after my last core paper, dk how many times I've rewatched~) 
And that 2nd yrs... Seriously, I can't help wan to fangirling but restrain or my family gonna think I'm crazy(tho I am when watching the nico nama, haha~)
Hav a feel of the 3rd yrs' singing and loving Kanan's voice! Yet so far, the one that stood out and easiest to recognize is Mari's voice(esp for Mattete Ai no Uta-Awesome song!!!) Of course, there r others like maybe Hanamaru's, Chika's and... Dia's? Riko's at times as well~ The others gonna take some time(haha~) 

Drama parts:

These parts give the feel of each yrs' antics and for the first 2 of the 2nd yrs & 3rd yrs... Poor Riko & Kanan to deal with the other 2... As for 1st yrs, no idea who's at the losing end but whole plot was just Hanamaru and Ruby being gay childhood lovers friends~ 

Out of the 3, loved the 3rd yrs' most, mostly cos of Mari's english speaking esp at the part of the 'Escape' part(laughing out loud) and Mari's 'logic' combines with Dia's personality to correct everything makes the whole situation super funny!!(sadly this can't be seen in the sub-unit...)

As for the drama with everyone... Ruby really shows her side and now, I get the 'digging holes' part that ppl were talking abt of Ruby. (Not gonna spoil much & neither am I posting the links where I watched the subbed ver or from my copy cos it's kinda illegal but rmb Google is your best friend~)

Other 2 songs:

Mattete Ai no Uta is instantly my fave from the preview and even more from the full song! It may be even better than Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium(Nah, just joking; each has its merits~) Can't help feel that it can the ending song of an anime~ Imagine that for the anime in summer? It can also be one used for the drama that may or may nt set in the anime...
I gt a feeling it may involve Riko leaving, considering she's a transfer due to her father's job and she did said she didn't like it at first so maybe it will go like: how her father suddenly able to go back to akihabara to work and said how Riko can go back now with her old friends... 
And based on Riko's personality... She may ponder like how Kotori did and wanted opinions but maybe like how Honoka was, Chika didn't take notice of her urge to talk to her and focus too much on... Love live? (Wow, this plot is overly used if it does... Hate to admit, Chika's really like Honoka but more funny with her puns~) 
And this time since Riko doesn't hav her childhood friend with her or anything, she may nt be able to tell anyone & worse, leaving or suddenly announcing her leaving with the other 8 shocked... Then drama set in & blah blah~
^Well, that was just a thought but when I first heard Riko's transfer, I gt this idea~ A typical plot but as to how it ends is what different from the other stories with such plot. And even more the fact that she didn't join out of her own will(at least that's how I get from how she said in her intro) plus that most of the members(maybe except Mari?) all had lived on that island since young so maybe Riko herself feel hard to fit in as well?-That's another plot~
Okay, gonna stop or fear it gets longer, haha~

As for the other song, Todokanai Hoshi da to Shitemo... Don't exactly like nor dislike but feel it's a funky song? Actually like a friendship song? 

Overall, really loving all 3 songs!^^ Big jump of quality over the 1st single!-esp the pv!

Charaexpo 2016


After much debate, I decided to go for the concert for both days!(considering her first time coming as a singer! And I did miss her when she came for AFASG13- tho I wasn't into LL at that time)

RIP $$$
Can't wait for it and really fortunate to be able to attend this event!- Glad it's back with last yr as the trial out!(^^)

Afterword

What a long post- goes to show how much of stuff passed during this long(?) hiatus~ Gonna end it here(wrote until my wrist hurt, haha) and time to revise tmr. Had a gd break for the last 2 days~

This is Yaiji signing off, ja ne~

Yaiji~(that Monster drink is really effective-it's already 0130 yet don't feel tired at all, haha~ But tmr me gonna suffer...)

No comments:

Post a Comment